Client: Hyder Consulting
- Energy Model
- Feasibility Study
- Electrical and mechanical design of the roof mounted PV systems
- Grid Application and Grid Box
Design Phase: Aug 13 – Nov 13
Construction Phase: Mar 14 – Aug 14
The Rouse Hill Town Centre is a multi-use development combining retail and residential in a unique shopping and living complex. The shopping centre owners, GPT, wanted to design and deliver a solar PV system that would offset daytime energy consumption from house services loads such as lighting and HVAC.
Wide scope of study
- Clean Technology Partners in conjunction with Hyder consulting reviewed the base building hourly load profiles and developed a detailed hourly solar PV energy model. This model was used to identify suitable solar PV system sizes for the intended load and electrical connection points. CTP provided a full feasibility study with recommendations of a total system size of 350.0kWp split across three connection points.
- A full package of tender drawings was developed in conjunction with Hyder including solar PV roof layouts, mechanical fixing details, DC / AC electrical schematics and BMCS integration schematics. A detailed system specification was included with the tender package which was issued to the market with Solgen finally awarded the contract.
- The finished installation includes over 1400 high quality 250Wp polycrystalline PV modules and high efficiency 3 phase string inverters. An advanced PV monitoring system including weather station and BMCS integration was installed allowing comprehensive asset maintenance, monitoring and fault diagnosis.