Client: BayWa R.E. Renewable Energy
Preliminary Engineering Design
- Preliminary Phase: 01/2017 – 04/2017
- Modelling Phase: 05/2017 – 08/2017
- Construction Phase: TBC
- System Commissioning: TBC
- To liaise with Future Energy (now BayWa Wind Pty Ltd), Powercor, Vestas and obtain a grid connection for the Ferguson Wind Farm.
- To maximise the Wind Farm capacity (MW) whilst minimising any 22kV network augmentation/alteration costs.
- To provide all power system modelling to Powercor’s requirements.
The wind farm is located approximately 40km from the local substation and was behind two voltage regulators. This challenging point of connection meant special attention was required to analyse feeder voltage regulation.
Powercor wanted modelling of over 10 scenarios to accurately understand the effect of the wind farm on the existing customers.
CTP developed Python scripts to accurately and efficiently model all scenarios.
CTP’s first wind farm project showed the teams capability to quickly understand other renewable technologies and overcome complex obstacles at key project milestones.