Detailed Electrical and Control System Design
- Design Phase: Jan 2018 – June 2018
- Construction Phase: June 2018- Oct 2018
- System Commissioning: Oct 2018 – Dec 2018
To deliver the detailed electrical and control system design to Sunshift for their landmark deployment of the world’s largest modular and movable solar farm at South32’s Cannington Mine.
Identification of suitable performance standards for Inverter Energy Systems within a GPS for a diesel / gas microgrid. Pre-existing materials did not exist and CTP had to chart a new course as the engineers for the existing power station did not have a strong background in IES and intermittent generation resources.
Integration of control system of a solar farm (which is largely automated and unmanned) into human operator controlled traditional generator control environment. This also required additional administrative controls not normally required for in a solar farm only context.
Working with certain unique engineering “norms” within a mining context
Translating solar micro-grid PPA conditions into technical solutions – e.g. how to initiate curtailment of the solar farm
- This deployment “hybridised” EDL’s existing fossil fuel generation plant at the offgrid minesite
- The second largest such PV install in Australia and the first at an existing gas-fired generator