Job Title: Utility PSS – Project Manager
Reporting To: Team Leader / Sector Head
The purpose of this position is to be the client interface role for Power Systems projects in addition to providing power systems engineering expertise.
The role will involve contact with CTP clients, sub-contractors and relevant project teams to ensure that CTP meets its contracted obligations. The successful candidate should display a high level of initiative and problem-solving ability to satisfy internal and external clients’ demands in an efficient manner.
- Manage and deliver projects for CTP’s utility scale client’s. Key responsibilities include:
- Clear understanding of project scope, timelines, budgets, deliverables and risks
- Prepare and maintain project schedules and budgets / cost controls
- Assign project resources, manage and motivate CTP engineering and support staff
- Attend client meetings, site visits etc as required
- Develop understanding of technical portions of CTP’s work
- Manage their resources and participate in resource planning meetings. It is essential that the Project
- Meet all committed timelines/deadlines for CTP clients.
- Ensure that invoicing is done on-time and accurately and is required to attend monthly invoicing meetings.
- Assist the utility scale engineering team with obtaining information for power system modelling for grid connections in-line with current Australian Standards, National Electricity Rules and best practice. This includes:
- System concept design (Primary & Secondary Design)
- Power system modelling (PowerFactory & PSS/E)
- Steady-State Analysis (Load Flow / Short Circuit Studies)
- Dynamic Analysis (Transient Response / Control System Analysis)
- Preparation of DNSP Grid Connection application documents and technical reports
- Interface with product suppliers for technical information
- Provide assistance where required on a range of CTP products and solutions including specification of equipment and power system design.
- Create and improve CTP standard documentation and processes.
- Other duties as required from time to time.
Skills Required – Critical
- Inspired and motivated to work in renewable energy sector.
- Understanding of Electricity Distribution Systems and Power System Software (PSS/E, PSCAD, PowerFactory & PSS/SINCAL).
- Understanding of National Electricity Rules (NER) and working of various NSPs in Australia.
- Ability to make electrical design decisions and recommendations.
- Ability to interpret power system analysis results.
- Understanding of aspects related to Project Management.
- Good English writing and presentation skills.
- Logical problem solver and decision maker. Must be solution driven.
- Degree qualification in electrical engineering with at least 5 years of work experience.
Skills Required – Desired
- Previous experience in a Network Service Provider is highly advantageous.
- Understanding of Solar PV and / or Inverter Energy Systems.
- Skilled at Technical and Economic Assessment.
Since 2011, Clean Technology Partners have been at the forefront of engineering technology for the renewable energy industry in Australia. We are known for creating innovative solutions for Australia’s largest, toughest and most complex solar PV projects. You will get to work in the fastest pace industry in Australia, surrounded by a positive team passionate about renewables.
We offer exciting opportunities to experienced professionals, recent graduates, and students.
We offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing:
- Professional and technical development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangement
- Open, honest, positive and future-focused team
- Diverse environment
- Modern offices
- Socially responsible employer: pro bono work, sustainable sourcing, green energy among others
- And more: free weekly sport training, premium coffee, Friday drinks
We are committed to build a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace.
|Job Category||Project Manager|