Grid Protection Products
The CTP grid box is a turnkey grid protection solution. The CTP grid box is manufactured and pre-programmed to meet the specific requirements of each of Australia’s DNSPs.
The Grid Box is installed between the PV inverters and site’s main switchboard. This provides a “plug and play” grid connection package for solar installers, retailers and PPA providers. We seek to provide products that assist our clients in obtaining grid connections quickly and with minimal delay and cost implications.
Our larger grid boxes for systems more than 100kW include a revenue-grade, NMI approved meter and provide ongoing access to an integrated energy trading platform.
Standard Grid Box Features
- Approved secondary protection
- Back-up generator inter-trip
- Remote monitoring interface
- Pattern- approved Meter for LGC / PPA (applicable for systems >=165kW)
- Indicator lamps
- Indoor / outdoor rated
- Commissioning test points
- Optional surge protection
Grid Box Lite Features
- Made in Australia
- Plug & Play Protection
- Fit for Purpose
- Easy Mounting
- Installer Support
Check out the video to learn
more about our Grid Box
All of our grid boxes provide secondary grid protection in line with AS4777.1:2016.
They are available in different series.
|Series||Secondary Protection||Export Limit as per AS4777.1||Inverters and Protection unit in different location*|
|EX-PP & SL||Yes||Soft||Yes|
|NX||Yes||Soft + Hard||No|
|NX-PP & SL||Yes||Soft + Hard||Yes|
* applicable for DNSPs with the requirement to locate the protection relay at the site’s point of supply / multiple inverter locations
|EX and EX-PP & SL||Available across all system sizes|
|3-Ph String inverters||Up to 2||Up to 6||Up to 6||Up to 4* or 8||Up to 6* or 12||Up to 8* or 20||Up to 10* or 24|
|NX and NX-PP & SL||N/A||Available across all system sizes|
|3-Ph String inverters||N/A||Up to 4||Up to 4||Up to 6* or 8||Up to 6* or 12||Up to 8* or 20||Up to 10* or 24|
* versions available for high capacity inverters >40kVA output