- CTP is assisting a client with the Integration of a 3.45MW solar array with a complex energy system at a food processing site in Victoria. We provided owner’s engineering services in 2020 and are now working on the grid connection application package.
- The site has two existing 3MVA co-generation units installed to offset the electrical demand of the site. The units also provide partial import control from the grid which is managed by a series of failsafe controllers.
- CTP were engaged to conduct an evaluation of the preferred method of installation for a ~3MWp solar PV generator at the facility. A key outcome of the evaluation was to establish whether a roof or ground mounted array is more suitable considering any expected site constraints.
- A preliminary design of both roof and ground mounted solar PV systems were prepared incorporating the following elements:
- Structural analysis of the existing roof
- Geotechnical survey of the proposed ground area
- Electrical analysis and electrical layouts for both options
- Concept array layouts
- Energy yield modelling
- CAPEX estimates
- After this evaluation stage, CTP have been engaged to prepare the grid connection studies for this project which include the load flow (steady state) studies and dynamic power system studies.