- Concept design and detailed design works for electrical (HV, LV, solar and battery), control and civil.
- Preliminary Phase: Q1 2019
- Design Phase: Q3-4 2019
- Construction Phase: Q1-2 2020
- System Commissioning: Q2 2020
- Reduce the University’s electricity costs and peak demand
- Improve the campus’ electricity reliability and system security
- Create a microgrid with islanding functionality
- Supply 40% of the campus’ energy requirements using renewable energy
- Accelerate the University’s goal of achieving carbon neutrality
- Deliver on the University’s commitment to install renewable generation across its campuses by 2020.
- Demonstrate the features and benefits of flow battery technology in the local market context; and
- Provide a flexible distributed energy resource that can participate in emerging energy markets and be used for teaching, research and demonstration across the University.
- Designing a microgrid (including multiple battery technologies) in parallel with an internal HV distribution network upgrade.
- Designing islanding functionality for one building within the microgrid.
- Delivering a design that met the client’s goals and grant funding criteria