Clean Technology Partners has a long and proud history of providing technical advisory services for large-scale renewable projects.
Technical Advisory covers a broad range of engineering services including Due Diligence, Feasibility, EPC Contract Negotiations, Owners / Lenders Engineering, Expert Witness, Commissioning and O&M services. CTP has proven itself as an integral partner for numerous renewable project ranging from 5MW to over 300MW.
Our technical advisory services are informed by our broad experience across all stages of renewable and energy storage project development. This experience allows us to actively manage key project risks such as local network conditions and AEMO requirements from registration to full generation as well as providing us with a detailed understanding of the critical design and performance factors of renewable and energy storage assets.
Clean Technology Partners has performed many feasibility studies for our clients to assess the techno-commercial considerations of a renewable energy project and to optimise the technical parameters of the project for the following stages of development.
We have experience spanning projects from 5MW to 300MW, with storage and without. We know the key risk factors to assess and the most critical analysis to make before commencing your project’s journey. Two common feasibility investigations are:
- Technical – What are the technical constraints and options for my project and what are the risks, costs, and timeframe impacts of these?
- Commercial – What are the potential revenues for my project and how can I optimise the available variables to maximise returns?
Through our comprehensive feasibility services, we can identify key opportunities and parameters for your renewable projects. We can assist in every stage of the project development including (but not limited to) the following feasibility studies:
- Site Selection
- Planning risk assessments
- Technology reviews
- Site surveys – System pricing and financial analysis
- Energy Yield Studies
- CAPEX / OPEX Estimates
- Financial Modelling
- Energy Sales Strategic Advice
- Geotechnical constraints
- Connection options within the current NER
- Current levels of competition in access to the grid
- Surrounding NSP substation capacity and transmission/distribution line constraints
- Risk assessment on the impact to existing generator performance standards
- Network strength at the proposed project site
- Impact of planned network upgrades – Marginal Loss Factor (MLF) analysis
- AEMO registration compliance requirements and costs
- Project risks posed by AEMC proposed NER rule changes
Owners & Lenders Engineering
Within the role of owner’s engineer, we have been called upon to provide a wide range of expert advice and project management leadership in order to bring many milestone projects to a successful close.
Clear oversight from concept design to AEMO registration is critical in order to successfully bring together all the elements of a large and complex project. CTP has proven itself as an integral partner for numerous renewable project developers/owners on projects ranging from 5MW to over 300MW.
The services we offer in this space include:
- Concept design review
- Functional specification (as basis of EPC tender)
- Grid connection application management
- EPC contract technical advisory (Risk Management)
- Detailed design reviews
- Installation technical oversight and support
- Plant commissioning oversight
- Management of AEMO registration
EPC Contract Negotiation
CTP can play a key role for project owners when negotiating the closure of construction contracts for major solar projects. During the contract negotiation phase CTP can:
- Write the Owner’s Technical Requirements document to clearly specify the objectives and performance standards for the EPC contractor
- Clearly identify roles & responsibilities, particularly during the R1/R2 commissioning process
- Identify key risks to the Owner and address them through the technical schedules
- Identify and fix gaps between the technical schedules and contract terms, streamlining the design and contract execution to reduce costs for all parties.
CTP can provide expert witness services to renewable projects.
Commissioning & Operations & Maintenance
CTP has commissioning experience for large scale solar farms on the NEM, with responsibility for supervising commissioning of the plant and progression through R2 testing.
We also have many years experience operating and maintaining solar farms as well as in house HV switching accredited technicians. We are currently operating two solar farms – one in regional Victoria and another in South NSW and are looking to expand our O&M offering.
CTP provides comprehensive O&M services which include:
- Remote monitoring and performance reporting
- SCADA oversight & control
- Scheduled / preventative maintenance
- Reactive / corrective maintenance
- HV switching (remote / local)
- Management plans & manuals