Client: Intrapac Property
- CTP has been supporting Intrapac Property with their ground-breaking Kinley residential and town centre development in Melbourne’s east.
- Kinley is a large mixed-used precinct consisting of approximately 3,200 residential homes and townhouses. A key driver of the 100% solar target was to support the development’s GreenStar ambitions, where it recently achieving a 6-star rating that represents “world-leading” community, environmental and sustainability measures.
- CTP worked with Intrapac and their consulting team to help establish their vision of 100% solar across all residential buildings at the development. This equates to over 15MW of solar PV (approximately 50,000 solar panels) located at the site – similar in scale to a mid-sized Solar Farm – but located in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs and part of the Lilydale Town Centre.
- CTP was engaged to carry out detailed power system modelling of the 100% solar case on both the LV and 22kV electricity networks at the site.
- CTP worked closely with Ausnet and Kinley to prepare a suite of studies that met Ausnet’s requirements. These studies identified some changes to the normal way of deploying electrical infrastructure on such sites to accommodate 100% solar and along the way validated some of the benefits of the inverter power quality response modes that have become a feature of Australian Standards in recent times.
- 2019 – 2022
- The local power distribution company, Ausnet had significant concerns on the network impacts of such a large amount of solar PV installed in a single suburb, representing more than 3 x the normal allowable penetration for residential solar.
- CTP are proud and excited to support this sustainable development and impressed to see the thinking on integrating solar coming early in Intrapac’s planning process. By thinking about network impacts ahead of time, this project will have the potential to deliver a landmark capacity of residential solar onto the grid. It is especially exciting for us to see our power system expertise used on a project that brings solar into the daily life of so many people.