Client: Capricorn Power
- Grid Connection Application with Powercor & Electrical Design
- Design Phase: March – December 2020
- To obtain grid connection approval for the patent pending 90kW Barton Engine developed by Capricorn Power and Austeng. The Barton Engine is a heat engine designed to convert waste heat into electricity.
- The Barton Engine employs an inverter topography not commonly used for grid connections in the 30kVA to 100kVA range. By adapting the electrical design to include an isolating transformer and IMD earth fault protection CTP were able to ensure AS4777 compliance.
- Successful Powercor connection approval for Capricorn Energy’s first ever grid-synchronised Barton Engine.