Client: BayWa R.E. Renewable Energy
Preliminary Engineering Design
- Preliminary Phase: 01/2017 – 04/2017
- Modelling Phase: 05/2017 – 09/2017
- Construction Phase: TBC
- System Commissioning: TBC
- To liaise with Future Energy (now BayWa Wind Pty Ltd), Powercor, Vestas and obtain a grid connection for the Ferguson Wind Farm.
- To maximise the Wind Farm capacity (MW) whilst minimising any 22kV network augmentation/alteration costs.
- To provide all power system modelling to Powercor’s requirements.
Achieving 10.8MW on a single 22kV feeder is very challenging from a technical perspective. CTP worked with Powercor to develop a solution that involved re-configuration of the network to maximise wind farm capacity.
- CTP worked through a whole raft of technical obstacles and provided modelling results that were accepted by Powercor in September 2017.
- Further detailed design of the wind farm is currently being conducted.